Here at Jack’s, we never grow tired of exploring the limitless possibilities to enjoy our crisp apple cider. We’ve shared recipes that use Jack’s in fondue and hard cider oatmeal cookies with white chocolate, so why not mix it up in a cocktail? Hard cider and cocktails are two uniquely American drinks that have a long history dating back to before Prohibition. Both craft cider and craft cocktails have seen something of a revival in recent years, so combining the two seems like a perfect plan!
Drop what you’re doing—explore our cider maker Brian Bolzan’s recipe list of original cider cocktails that you should make right now:
Georgia Peach Bourbon Cocktail
- 1½ ounces of your favorite bourbon (we like A. Smith Bowman’s Bowman Brothers Small Batch Bourbon)
- 3 ounces lemonade
- 3 ounces Jack’s Peach Cider
- Garnish: thin strip of fresh lemon peel
Combine bourbon, lemonade and Peach Cider in an ice-filled Collins glass. Garnish, if desired.
Jack’s Original French 75
- 2 ounces dry gin (we suggest A. Smith Bowman’s Sunset Hills for its citrus qualities)
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Dash of lemon juice
- 5 ounces of Original Hard Cider
Shake gin, sugar and lemon juice with cracked ice in a chilled cocktail shaker. Strain into a Collins glass half-full of cracked ice, and top off with Jack’s Original Hard Cider.
Fireside Dark & Stormy
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1½ ounces ginger beer
- 1½ ounces of Jack’s Fireside Hard Cider
- Dash lime juice (optional)
Combine rum, Fireside Hard Cider, ginger beer and lime juice, if desired, in a tall glass full of ice cubes. Stir. The key here is getting the right ratio of spice (from the ginger beer and Fireside) and richness (from the rum).
Helen’s Cider Old-Fashioned Cocktail
- 2 ounces of Helen’s Blend Cider
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Apple slice, for garnish
- Ice, for serving
In a lowball glass, combine the apple juice, bitters, and sugar. Swirl glass around until mixture is combined and sugar is dissolved. Add the ice and whiskey. Top with orange and apple slices.
Scotch Pear Cocktail
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 ounce blended scotch
- 1 ounce spiced pear liqueur
- 3 ounces of Jack’s Pear Cider
- ¼ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters or whiskey barrel-aged bitters
- Sprig of thyme for garnish
Add all ingredients except garnish to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and enjoy.
Jack’s Hard Cider — Produced from Pennsylvania Apples. Pressed On-Site. Never from Concentrate.
Recipes provided by Brian Bolzan.